By Shinichi Suzuki / violin perf. Hilary Hahn / accomp. perf. Natalie Zhu
Violin Book & CD
Teach violin with the popular Suzuki Violin School! The Suzuki Method® of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the "mother-tongue" approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Violin School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and work with their Suzuki violin teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person.
This Suzuki Book & CD (Asian Edition) is integral for Suzuki violin lessons. This revised edition of the Suzuki Violin School, Volume 2 features:
* Engravings in a 9" x 12" format
* Revised editing of pieces, including bowings and fingerings
* 16 additional pages
* Additional exercises, some from Shinichi Suzuki, plus additional insight and suggestions for teachers
* Glossary of terms in English, French, German, and Spanish
* Musical notation guide
* Fingerboard position
* CD features new recordings by Hilary Hahn in collaboration with pianist Natalie Zhu, as well as piano accompaniment only tracks for play-along purposes.
Titles: Principles of Study and Guidance * Chorus fromJudas Maccabaeus (Handel) * Musette (Bach) * Hunters' Chorus (Weber) * Long, Long Ago (Bayly) * Waltz (Brahms) * Bourrée (Handel) * The Two Grenadiers (Schumann) * Theme fromWitches' Dance (Paganini) * Gavotte fromMignon (Thomas) * Gavotte (Lully) * Minuet in G (Beethoven) * Minuet (Boccherini). This title is available in SmartMusic.